When you don’t get a full 8 hours your skin suffers. During a busy holiday season, lack of sleep will start to show in your skin.
1. Plan in advance. Look at your schedule for the week to see when you have the dreaded combination of late night + early morning commitments. Stay extra hydrated and cut back on salty food the day your sleep will be short. Also, consider skipping the alcohol at your evening event!
2. Wash your face when you get home, no matter how late. Traces of eye makeup will add to puffiness and irritation the following morning.
3. When you wake up, fill a large bowl with cold water, add some ice cubes and submerge your face for a few seconds. This jolt you into reality, get the blood flowing to your face and color in your cheeks.
4. Have 16oz of water before your first cup of coffee. It’s amazing how much better you feel when well hydrated!
5. Chill your jade roller in your bowl of ice water for a few minutes and give yourself a quick facial massage focusing on any puffy areas.