"*" indicates required fields
1. Stop using prescription acne medication like Retin A 3 days before your chemical peel.
2. Do not use abrasive scrubs or exfoliants including prescription acne medication for two weeks after your chemical peel.
3. If you have a history of oral herpes (cold sores) you must be on suppressive medication for 2 days before and 3 days after receiving a Jessners Peel.
4. You must wear a a sunscreen with a minimum of SPF 30 and avoid prolonged sun exposure for two weeks post treatment.
5. Use a gentle cleanser and moisturizer with no active ingredients for two weeks post treatment. Aquaphor Healing Balm may be used to spot treat dry areas around the nose and mouth.
Superficial chemical peels are topical exfoliants used to exfoliate the skin, stimulate skin cell turnover, and restore the skin to a more youthful appearance. Many skin conditions can be improved from receiving a series of chemical peels. Dull skin will appear more radiant, rough skin will become smoother, sun damaged skin will even out, fine lines and acne scarring may be softened.
I understand that anytime the skin barrier is compromised, there is a small risk of infection. I will contact my esthetician immediately if I have any concerns. I understand that following the treatment my skin may appear red and feel like it has a slight sunburn.
Possible side effects may include and are not limited too: slight or extreme redness, swelling, stinging, itchy, tenderness, dry and flaking skin. I UNDERSTAND THAT I AM NOT TO PICK THE FLAKING SKIN AS THIS COULD CAUSE UNWANTED PIGMENTATION. These side effects will gradually diminish over time, healing may take 5-7 days or longer.
The chemical peel treatment has been fully explained and my questions and concerns have been addressed.
I acknowledge that no guarantee has been given to me as to the percentage of improvement expected following treatment, due to each individual’s unique reactions. I understand that no specific results are guaranteed.
Copyright 2009–2022 Hannah Sowd Skin Care. All rights reserved.